I was asked to fix a laptop that was incapable of printing to a wireless HP LasterJet P1102w printer. I quickly learned that that the laptop would only print after rebooting, reproducible every time. Very bizarre. Here are the troubleshooting details.
- Windows 10 64-bit PC laptop is unable to print to a wireless printer HP LasterJet P1102w
- Every other PC on the network can print to this printer without issue
- Removing and reinstalling printer does not help
- Queued documents cause an error regarding printer user-action or intervention being required, even though all other PCs have no issue printing to the same printer
- Windows says the drivers are up-to-date and correct
- All queued documents in the print spooler print successfully after coming back from a full system reboot. Wha??
Can you guess it? The solution is to:
- Install the printer drivers from the website
- Try printing again (Success!)
That’s right. You might think that this being a wireless printer would prevent you from having to install printer drivers locally, but that’s simply not true. Even though Windows tells you the drivers are correct and up-to-date, Windows is wrong. Furthermore, I want to point out that HP Support told me that installing the drivers would not fix the issue. Clearly, it has fixed the issue and HP Printer Support was dead wrong. I waited weeks to post this to be 100% certain that the issue is fixed and their shame is real. Yup. Also my hold time was 37.5 minutes to be given this wrong information. #truth
My laptop was struck by lightning! LOL
I wish I were kidding folks, but my laptop was struck down by lightning. I lost about $4,000 worth of electronics in the blink of an eye. So please if I may suggest one thing to you: Backup is important. The backup service that I personally use is Backblaze. They offer unlimited backup (including external hard drives) for $5/month or less. Please do me a favor and check out their free trial. Let's thwart the mighty Zeus together!
Click here to price compare. Or click here to download the Backblaze install file immediately. A big thank you to the folks at Backblaze and thank you dear reader for supporting websites such as this one.